We say it all the time “SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SURF SHOP” and from time to time we post the benefits of shopping local on our Instagram. You could search all 2,974 post on our instagram to find the reasons or you could just keep reading. Below are 7 Reasons why you should support your local surf shop.
- Surf Shops are more likely to utilize other local businesses such as banks, service providers, and farms.
- For every $100 you spend at a Surf Shop, $68 will stay in the community.
- Independent Surf Shops return more than three times as much money per dollar of sales to the community in which they operate than chain competitors. Independent restaurants return more than two times as much money per dollar of sales than national restaurant chains.
- Small businesses employ 77 million Americans and accounted for 65% of all new jobs over the past 17 years.
In addition to helping build the local economy, there are also notable intangible benefits that come from supporting surf shops in your local community.
- Surf Shops are owned and operated by your neighbors! They care about and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future.
- Local businesses are more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to non-profits.
- Supporting your local surf shop is good for the environment because they often have a smaller carbon footprint than larger companies.
Here is a bonus reason. Because you surf…